Five projects were recently evaluated by SOAR committee members, and all selected for funding for work in 2018/19:
- Benjamin Kietzman: Developing and testing lead and mercury biosensors; a synthetic biology, Mentor: Dr. Hilde van Gijssel
- Cooper Folmer: Evaluation of Age and Growth Rates of Smallmouth Bass, Pre and Post Construction of East End Devils Lake Outlet, Mentor: Dr. Casey Williams
- Ellen Margaret Anderson: Percent Occurrence of Historical Sample Size of Select Stream Fish of North Dakota, Mentor: Dr. Lauren Dennhardt and Dr. Casey Williams
- Ethan Rasset: Feeding Habits of Smallmouth Bass in the Sheyenne River, Mentor: Dr. Casey Williams
- Sarah Zacher: Uncovering the Silent Voices of the Past: A History of the Fort Totten Boarding School, Mentor: Dr. Steven King
These students will join twenty seven previous recipients, each project evaluated using the SOAR-Scoring-Rubric.