- Abstract – a concise description of the project.
- Process/methods – overview of the methodology, and/or strategy for completion.
- Timeline/benchmarks – weekly timeline of effort with benchmarks/milestones indicated.*
- Budget – documentation of the project labor, materials, travel expenses.
- Dissemination – identify potential outlets to present, e.g. conference.
- Educational objectives – short prospectus on the project’s alignment w/ educational goals.
- Integrative Nature of work – description of multiple disciplinary knowledge harnessed.
- Bibliography – well formatted sources/references.
- General Professionalism – high quality proposal documentation and presentation.
*Projects which include a discussion on any potential COVID-related logistical changes will be rated higher.
Faculty mentors should work with students on the proposal development allowing students to be the principal author. Please review exemplar proposals from previous students at: http://soar.vcsu.edu/?page_id=705
Faculty members will recommend their student’s works through the submission of a Faculty Mentor Recommendation Form that includes and evaluation of the student’s work, and capacity to complete the proposed activities. Some research may require an Institutional Review Board approval.
To submit your application information, follow this VCSU link: Job ID 2924565